Ether‑Mach CS Edition Motion Controller
What is Ether-Mach?Ether-Mach is the latest motion controller from Stepper3 LLC for Artsoft's Mach4 CNC software. (Mach3 is now also supported!) With the Ether-Mach controller and Mach4, you can build a CNC system that is faster, more configurable, and more responsive than ever before! With Ethernet connectivity and 3 parallel port headers, Ether-Mach is a simple, reliable, and performant solution for your next CNC project.
CS Edition!The Ether-Mach CS edition board features a new layout that provides compatibility with CNC4PC breakout boards. As a result, it provides more inputs than the regular Ether-Mach board. A regular Ether-Mach board has 15 digital inputs and 36 digital outputs while the CS edition has 31 digital inputs and 20 digital outputs. Depending on your IO needs, you can choose one or the other - they both work with the same plugin and software.
- Connects over a dedicated 100 Mbps Ethernet connection.
- Smooth motion on up to 12 simultaneous step/dir motors (Max 6 coordinated).
- Supports homing, jogging, probing, MPGs, and PWM/motor spindle control.
- 31 digital inputs (with configurable debounce) and 20 digital outputs on 3 IDC 26 (parallel port) headers.
- Fully configurable IO: No need to rewire when you can just reconfigure!
- 3.3v or 5v pin voltage. Runs on a 9-24 volt DC supply.
- Fast and easy firmware upgrades for forwards compatibility.
- Now with firmware v2.0: Supports THC and includes a free plasma screenset. Works with common THC modules like the Proma 150
- New with version 2.0: Ether-Mach now has plugin support for Mach3 in addition to the original Mach4 plugin.
- Free 3D printer files to make your own case!
Version 2.0We have now released version 2.0 of the Ether-Mach plugin and firmware, adding support for THC. In order for the v2.0 plugin to work with your board, you may need to upgrade it to a v2.x firmware. To perform a firmware upgrade, run the Ether-Mach-Firmware-Upgrader.exe program that is placed in your Mach4 install directory and follow the instructions (more details are provided in the user manual).
If you want to remain on a 1.x firmware, you can download the last 1.x plugin, v1.7, by following the link in the "Older Versions" section below.
Torch Height ControlVersion 2.0 of the plugin and firmware introduces torch height control support. Included now, in the install, is a free modification of the default Mach4 screenset to support torch height control as well as a configurable plasma pierce sequence. It is all configured and controlled using the new THC panel added in place of the spindle control. Details on the new THC screenset and the board's THC support, including information on OEM integration, can be found in the THC guide, here.
CS EditionThe new Ether-Mach CS edition board uses the same plugin as the regular Ether-Mach board. When you connect to a CS edition board, a Mach device named "Ether-Mach-CS" is created instead of the normal "Ether-Mach" device.
Plugin ContentsThe plugin installer places a number of files into your Mach4 installation directory. For instance, if you install it to C:\Mach4Hobby, it will add the following files:
- It will place the plugin and its digital signature into C:\Mach4Hobby\Plugins
- It will place the user manual and THC guide into C:\Mach4Hobby\Docs
- It will place the board firmware updater into C:\Mach4Hobby
- It will optionally install the s3Torch profile and screen-set to C:\Mach4Hobby\Profiles and C:\Mach4Hobby\Screens respectively
Older VersionsA changelog for the Ether-Mach plugin and firmware is here
The installers for older versions of the plugin (and the respective firmware) are available here.
The manuals for older versions of the plugin are available here.
If you have any issues when you move to a new version please tell us (see below). Since the board firmware is upgradable, you should always be able to run the latest version of the Ether‑Mach software - and that is what we recommend.
SupportIf you are experiencing issues with your Ether‑Mach board, send us an email at email@example.com. We can also be reached by phone at 800-579-4110. If you believe you have found a bug in the Ether‑Mach software, please provide us with as much detail as possible - the more easily we can reproduce the issue the sooner we can fix it.
|File Type||Document Name|
|Software||Mach4 Configurator for C62+Ether-Mach Without Pendant. Installs plugin and configures Plugin and Mach4|